Central Texas is booming. Anchored by Austin, an array of cities are welcoming new residents and one of the most popular is just west of the Capital City. With great schools and fast-growing subdivisions, this once sleepy suburb has quickly become a magnet for families, young couples, and fun-loving singles. Read on for some of the best things to do in Dripping Springs.
Nine Fun Things to do in Dripping Springs.
- Have Fun With the Family: Families around the country have discovered that Dripping Springs is an ideal place to raise a family. Neighborhoods are being developed and expanded at an unprecedented pace. Families with kids of all ages find something fun to do at Dreamland, where moms and dads can relax with a glass of beer or wine while the kiddos enjoy a nearby playscape and lawn games.
- Get Active: This intriguing destination offers a wealth of opportunities to get out and get moving, including hiking, swimming and organized sports leagues.
- Try Extreme Mini Golf: At Dreamland, Dripping Springs’s newest attraction, mini golf gets taken to a whole new level. Rather than sinking your ball in a putt or two, take on the Challenge Course and let your competitive spirit fly with several holes that are up to five par. Prefer things a little less cut throat? The Dream Course is 18 holes of fun the whole family will enjoy.
- Sample Wine: Dripping Springs is home to more than a dozen wineries, scattered among the backroads and byways of this picturesque destination. Spend a few days visiting their tasting rooms or try some of the highlights at Dreamland, where the serve-yourself bar features dozens of varietals from some of the state’s top wineries.
- Play Pickleball: One of the fastest growing sports in the United States is one part tennis and one part ping pong and a whole lot of fun for anyone looking to get a little exercise while forging new friendships. Dreamland boasts the only covered and lighted pickleball courts in Central Texas. Bring your friends or join one of their leagues.
- Taste Beer: Central Texas brewers have become legendary for their innovation and creativity in crafting world-class beer. Enjoy your favorite or find a new one at Dreamland, where dozens of taps dispense lagers, ales, stouts, IPAs and more at a unique serve-yourself bar.
- Listen to Live Music: From the annual Songwriters Festival to the intimate house concerts, Dripping Springs is home to a wealth of musical talent — and great places to enjoy that talent. At Dreamland, you’ll discover regular performances of local and visiting musicians sharing their tunes on two different stages.
- Check Out the Art Scene: Myriad artists and artisans make their home in Dripping Springs and exploring their work is a highlight of the city. Sculptures and murals are just waiting to be discovered at Dreamland, where art is integrated into every aspect and attraction.
- Fall in Love: Widely lauded as the Wedding Capital of the World, Dripping Springs is the #1 destination for nuptials in Central Texas. Thanks to Dreamland, it’s also a great place for date night — whether it’s your first date or your 101st date. Get to know each other during a round of mini-golf, relax together over a glass of wine or a pint of beer. Or get physical playing pickleball.